What is hiding behind the concepts of social responsibility and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) that are discussed so often? Sustainability, environmental protection, employee orientation — these are just some of the buzzwords one hears. But basically, what it’s all about is integrating the environment, society and the economy into corporate activities beyond what is prescribed by law.
BFFT is a business partner, customer, employer, taxpayer, tenant, trainer. In all of these roles, we participate in society while at the same time, profiting from it. That is why for BFFT, socially responsible action means deploying our expertise and experience as well as our position as one of the region’s successful, growing companies for the benefit of others.
As “the somewhat different automotive engineering developer”, BFFT is trying to give back something, depending on the occasion and by the most appropriate means for that occasion:
- BFFT again organises childcare for employees’ children on the Day of Prayer an Repentance.
- BFFT organises the BFFT E-Bike Action which protects employees’ wallets and the environment.
- BFFT employees donate blood in cooperation with the Bavarian Red Cross (BRK).
- BFFT supports two students in the German scholarship program (Deutschlandstipendium).
- BFFT organises childcare for employees’ children on the Day of Prayer and Repentance.
- BFFT supports the action “11 for 11” of the Ingolstadt Employment Agency and FC Ingolstadt.
- BFFT donates clothing from the BFFT Shop for the Workers’ Welfare Association (AWO).
- BFFT employees participate in the “Movember” action to improve men’s health.
- BFFT and the Lebenshilfe Werkstätten (workshop for the handicapped) work together in training.
- BFFT is integrating one employee from the Lebenshilfe Werkstätten who has since then, been supporting the mechanics workshop.
In addition, numerous employees (voluntarily and independent of their function at BFFT) are active as volunteers:
- Frank Fichtner (former BFFT Technical Director and attorney) ran in the IHK election for the Regional Committee of Eichstätt.
- BFFT Managing Director Markus Fichtner has, since 2015 served on the university council of the Technical College of Ingolstadt (THI).
- BFFT Managing Director Markus Fichtner supports the founders’ initiative, NEWEXIST° as well as young new entrepreneurs with regular lectures.
- Numerous BFFT employees are engaged pro bono as examiners for the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
- Numerous BFFT employees are pro bono trainers and mentors in sport and music clubs.